Skip to content
9 Steps More To Raise Chickens At Home
- When they are 2 weeks old, the chicks can vary their diet, give them the special food and corn, then oats and finally wheat. Such a varied diet helps your nutrition.
- When the 5th week arrives, you can offer chickens chopped vegetables, insects and crumbs to complement their balanced diet, to receive fat, protein and carbohydrates.
- After the first 4 weeks, you can open the windows and door so that the air circulates, this must be done so that the chickens can adapt to the changes in climate .
- Make the cleaning of the drinking troughs and feeders daily, of the material that you use in the soil, you must perform a weekly cleaning.
- Be aware of the behavior of each of the chickens , if you notice that someone has not defecated check their place, if there is stuck stool can be harmful to the chicken and even lead to death.
- As time goes by, the chickens will increase their need for food. Keep the feeders full of food.
- If 6 weeks have passed, congratulations! They have done a good job, the chickens are on the right track.
- Although you must have the maximum attention and care, do not get too attached to them because those who buy chickens, they are interested in them when they have between 7 and 14 weeks.
- When you decide to start raising chickens it is necessary to have certain clear points before starting this activity.